What should you do if your Indianapolis home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family members – against the various risks you could experience, like theft, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Indianapolis home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm can be startling, bewildering, and may incite panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and adhere to these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Indianapolis Triggers
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency yourself and permit your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them out of danger. In the event of a intrusion, this might include going to a designated safe zone as far away from access points as possible. The invader was probably already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a fire, you need to leave your residence without delay.
- Remember your phone. The vast majority of people keep their cell phones with them constantly these days, but you could fail to pick it up during an urgent situation. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and get alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Indianapolis goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The procedure they follow is based on the kind of emergency. For example, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one effort will be made to reach you before help is dispatched. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most common type of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to contact you through the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in a reply, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again once the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not in a position to interact with the monitoring team, don't worry. Assistance will still be deployed even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Indianapolis
Be prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Indianapolis from Vivint. Dial (317) 978-5706 to begin designing your home’s defense today.