What to do to cut down on false alarms in Indianapolis
False alarms may become a real issue for your home’s security. They're not only a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may erode the trust you have in your installation. Luckily, you are able to do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Indianapolis home security system.
First, be sure that all components are connected correctly. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that overlooked miscues lead to false alarms. Next, check out likely sources of false alarms, such as a back door that may be kept unsecured by accident. And of course, you should try to incorporate the various tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Indianapolis.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Indianapolis could be averted
Just like you would address any problem, the first thing to do is read the guidebook. Ensure all devices are installed correctly on your end by:
- Performing a checkup via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Check your schedules and presets to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Make sure all integrated smart devices are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Contact your Vivint agent if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Indianapolis system. They'll be happy to schedule a tech to examine your system.
Check your entry points
If your installation seems to be installed properly, the ensuing course of action is to do an investigation of your property. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or are any accidentally ajar? If an entrance remains unsecured, it may trigger a sensor. If your household constantly neglects to close a door, you could implement a smart lock that automatically locks when your home security is engaged. Unfortunately, windows require more manual maintenance, especially if you have a loved one who prefers to sleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it simple to disengage that device while still guarding the remainder of the house.
Home automation tends to be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Indianapolis
One of the best methods to lessen the chance of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. By using your mobile security app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms caused by absentmindedly opening a door or window. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage when your smart lock is triggered with the proper PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm your system as you depart the property, then disarm when you return.
- Get cell phone updates when your components sense unusual movements or have need of a fresh battery.
- Connect your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you may disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Indianapolis by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Greater control over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, call (317) 978-5706 or submit the form on this page.