Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Indianapolis smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your Indianapolis home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and check out recommendations to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Indianapolis?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also provides total remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review current or saved footage from your integrated surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Indianapolis by programming schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you can still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Indianapolis
Although many users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and submit the information to send an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Indianapolis security system. Dial (317) 978-5706 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.